Thursday, March 28, 2013

Carrot and Zucchini Bread



I thought with Easter coming up this weekend, carrot and zucchini bread would be appropriate. I also had this really cute carrot dish that I couldn't let go to waste. This was a very simple recipe and easy to put together.  The bread did not last long after this picture was taken. Two out of three kids, my husband and myself devoured it.  I have a child that is very picky,  flakes of veggies really do not sit well with him. Oh well, you can't win them all. I wonder if the Easter bunny would like a piece left out when he delivers their baskets. 

Dry Ingredients:
1 cup flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg

Wet Ingredients:
2 eggs
1/2 cup canola oil (substitute with applesauce)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 3/4 cup shredded or grated zucchini
1/2 cup shredded or grated carrots
Make sure when you are baking with zucchini that you press the water out. A good way to do this is placing the shredded zucchini in between paper towels and pressing.

Preheat oven 350' and grease a 8x4 loaf pan.
In a medium bowl whisk together the dry ingredients. In a larger mixing bowl whisk eggs and oil together until blended. Then add sugar, vanilla, and veggies and mix well. Finally mix dry ingredients with veggie mixture until smooth. 

Bake 50 to 60 minutes!

Wising you a Happy Easter!



1 comment :

  1. Can I get a good recipe for tomato soup and a cheese sandwich

    ReplyDelete