Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Salmon and Orzo Salad



With a day that started with snow and then turned to rain I needed something lite and had tones of the summer.  This recipe turned out perfect for that.  It made me think of warmer days, bright sun, and the sounds of the beach, for which I long for desperately.  I just want to put my feet in the sand with a cold and salty drink!!  This is also a bathing suit friendly meal.  Until then I can eat my salad and dream. For those who want to join me....




Ingredients
4 oz orzo pasta cooked
2 tablespoons Italian dressing 
1 pound cooked salmon or 2 cans of tuna drained
1 green bell pepper chopped
1 red bell pepper chopped
1 small red onion chopped
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes sliced
1/2 cup feta cheese
salt and pepper to taste

After cooking the orzo drain and rinse.  In a large bowl toss orzo with dressing.   Mix remaining ingredients in bowl.  Serve or chill in refrigerator for later.



1 comment :