Sunday, April 21, 2013

Sunday Morning Quiche

This morning was the first morning we had all week that we did not have to jump out of bed and be some where right away.  I was able to wake up before everyone, enjoy the sun coming up and take my time in the kitchen.  This is very rare!  I was able to get creative and put together a quiche.  I also made bacon which never happens in our house.  The smell brought three very excited children running into the children, followed by a very happy husband.  See kids, you just give me my mornings and we would all be happy.  Instead of 6 whole eggs, I did change to egg whites.  The quiche was not as fluffy but still tasted wonderful.  My husband even enjoyed it but that may be because of the bacon and cheese.

Most recipes have you cook your vegetables before you mix with the eggs but I didn't do this because I do like my peppers and onions to have a little crunch of freshness.  But if you like, you can saute your vegetables in a little oil before you mix with the egg mixture.

Ingredients:
3 whole eggs
3 egg whites
1/2 cup Gruyere cheese
1/2 cup milk
1 small tomato diced
1/4 cup onion chopped
1/4 cup red pepper chopped
3 slices of cooked bacon chopped
salt and pepper to taste

Directions
Preheat oven to 375'

Whisk together eggs, cheese, milk, salt and pepper.
Place vegetables onto a greased 8-inch pie baking dish, pour in the egg mixture.

Bake in oven for 35-40 minutes.

No comments :

Post a Comment