Thursday, April 11, 2013

Chicken Taco


So, my oldest had baseball practice and my husband got home in time to take him to practice. Yipee!! I was also lucky enough that my middle and youngest wanted to go too. I had the house to myself and I was hungry for dinner. I had chicken in the crock pot all day cooking in stewed tomatoes with Mexican seasonings.  I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to make yet but I had chicken and needed to use it. I decided to make Chicken Tacos. I decided to just add my fresh veggies to the tortilla along cheese and sour cream, but if you wanted to use salsa, that would be good too.  I thought it was very tasty! My kids however wanted just cheese and sour cream.  I can understand that too.  I was just happy to make something different with chicken.

 Chicken
1 pound chicken breast
salt and pepper
1 can of stewed tomatoes in Mexican seasonings or Rotel

Put the chicken and the canned tomatoes in the crock pot frozen. Season with salt and pepper. Cook on low for about 6 to 8 hours, until the meat is falling apart. Transfer chicken to plate and shred. Reserve tomatoes to top the taco with.

Tacos
Whole wheat tortilla
Shredded cheese
Reserved tomatoes
Green or red peppers chopped
Green Onion sliced
Avacado chopped
Sour Cream

You can arrange your tacos however you want. 

No comments :

Post a Comment