Thursday, April 18, 2013

Roasted Vegetables


I know what you are thinking, what is so special about roasted veggies! Well let me tell you, they are a wonderful side dish, or a main dish thrown over pasta.  It's a hardy yet inexpensive way to make a meal healthy and tasty.  You can make these on the grill or in your oven.  I use whatever is in season, or I use the vegetables that need to get eaten before they go bad in the fridge.  Since tonight is yet another baseball game, I mixed the vegetables in with some cooked spaghetti pasta and topped with Parmesan cheese. Easy and Quick!


Today I used
1 head of broccoli
1 zuchinni
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
3 sweet peppers
Crazy Janes Mixed up Salt (you can find this by the salt at your grocers)
2 tablespoons of olive oil




Pre-heat the oven to 425'
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Slice the vegetables, and place on baking sheet. Sprinkle with Crazy Jane and olive oil. Using your hands mix the vegetables to coat with oil.
Bake for 10-15 min.

Using the grill - wrap all the vegetables in aluminum foil and place on grill for 15 minutes or until tender.













No comments :

Post a Comment