Thursday, August 15, 2013

Protein Pancakes



I really get tired of oatmeal, I don't care how many different things you can put in it.  I realize oatmeal is a great breakfast, with lots of protein, and something that you should be eating, but it's just boring.  I found this recipe while looking for oatmeal options and I tried it.  It reminds me of muffin tops.  You can do the traditional maple syrup but I like lemon curd or even homemade jam with fresh berries.  This is a great recipe for all you early morning gym goers.  This is a protein packed breakfast that will help you get through any workout. 

Ingredients

  • Olive oil cooking spray
  • 4 egg whites
  • 1/3 cup dry oatmeal
  • 1 scoop whey or soy protein powder (optional)
  • 1/2 banana sliced

 

Instructions

  1. Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix together. Spray frying pan with cooking spray and cook mixture as you do regular pancakes.

No comments :

Post a Comment