Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Lawrenz Potatoes




The Lawrenz Potatoes!  The first time my husband brought me home to meet his parents I was introduced not only to my future in-laws, but this tasty potato dish.  This dish was so very easy but really made an impact on me.  It shows you how just simple food made a simple way can be extraordinary.  Like most things in life, it's the simple things, right?  My mother-in law added morel mushrooms to hers, these were picked by hand.  Morel mushrooms do add a great flavor but I did not have any of these on hand so I used button mushrooms.  The beauty of this dish is the ability to put what you have on hand in and it will just taste good.  It's a wonderful side dish for most anything.


Ingredients
4 small potatoes cubed
2 large carrots chopped
1 large yellow onion chopped
1/2 cup of chopped broccoli
1/2 cup red peppers sliced
1/2 cup mushrooms
2 bratwurst or other sausage link sliced (optional)
1 stick of butter cubed
2 teaspoons of Crazy Jane mixed up Salt  (or other seasoning salt)
salt and pepper to taste


Directions
Place 2 large pieces of aluminum foil on the counter. Place all the ingredients on the foil, and crumble the butter on top of the veggies.  Season the veggies with the seasoning salt, salt and pepper.  Wrap the veggies in the foil. 
You can grill these on the top rack for 20-30 minutes or bake them at 375 degrees for 20-30 minutes.



No comments :

Post a Comment