Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Tilapia and Pineapple

Sometimes you just want something light and fresh.  A summer fish recipe that will help you get ready for bathing suit season.  Yes, it's right around the corner!  Since my husband was eating on the run tonight  I put the fish and the pineapple relish in a whole wheat hot dog bun with some mayonnaise that I mixed with lime juice and the same seasonings I used on the fish.  I called it my tilapia Po-boy.  I think he was impressed and thought it was tasty.

Ingredients
4 tilapia fillets
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
 2 tablespoon olive oil
1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen pineapple chunks
1/3 cup sliced red onion
1/3 cup chopped tomato
2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
Juice of one lime

Directions
Season both sides of tilapia with salt, pepper, paprika, cumin, and cayenne pepper.
Heat olive oil in a large non stick skillet over medium-high heat.  Add fish to pan and cook for about 2-3 minutes on both sides.  Fish will flake easily when tested with a fork.

Combine pineapple and the next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Serve pineapple mixture with fish.


No comments :

Post a Comment