Thursday, May 9, 2013

Broccoli Cakes



I have never been a fan of steamed broccoli.  I enjoy it raw or roasted in the oven, but steamed is not my favorite.   I also love burnt crunchy broccoli, hey don't judge we all have our things.  I thought of these today when I was searching through my fridge for something new to eat.  These have tasty things like cheese and panko in them, along with healthy broccoli.  I was happy to see number 3 eat an entire cake, but as some of you may know he will eat anything.  The true test will be when number one and number two get home from school.  Number one and two both like their veggies raw.  I am not complaining, but I would love this to be another dinner option.  I enjoyed these with some whole wheat couscous.

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 green onions chopped
1 broccoli head steamed and chopped
2 eggs beaten
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
salt/pepper


Directions:
Heat oil over medium-high heat.  Mix ingredients until well incorporated.  Divide mixture into four equal parts.  Smash each part into a patty much like making a burger.  Carefully place patty in the oil and brown on both sides.  It was easier for me to make these in batches.  I added a little salt after I took them out of the oil while they were still hot.











2 comments :

  1. I'm gonna go make these right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Princess would eat them up, but Little Dude is basically a small copy of Number One. Good luck! Let me know how One eats them and I'll try them for Little Dude.

    ReplyDelete