Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Not exactly stuffed Tilapia

Well, this recipe started out as stuffed tilapia but very quickly turned into something different.  This happens a lot when I start a recipe from scratch.  It all started with wanting to make fish for dinner but I also needed to use up some greens I had in the fridge, so the idea of stuffed fish was born.  I thought I would use a similar stuffing as in stuffed chicken. Unfortunately once I got the stuffing done and was ready to roll the fish, I realized my fish were too small and cut up the middle. This made rolling them impossible.  So, I decided to dump all the stuffing on top and this recipe was born.  I completed the dish with some couscous, YUM!  Not the prettiest picture I know, but it honestly tasted great!


Ingredients
4 tilapia fillets
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and Pepper
1 cup fresh spinach
1 cup fresh kale
2 cloves garlic minced
1 cup feta cheese
1/2 cup panko bread crmbs
2 tablespoons kalamata olives chopped (can omit or add another kind of olive)
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese

Directions
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
In a large sauce pan heat oil over medium high heat.  Add spinach and kale and season with salt and pepper.  Cook the greens down until they are wilted and have decreased by half.  Add the garlic, feta, bread crumbs and olives, cook for another minute.   Turn heat off.

Prepare your fillets in a small baking dish, place them very close together so that they are touching. Salt and Pepper your fillets.  Place the greens mixture on top of the fillets.  Spread it evenly over all the fillets.  Sprinkle with the Parmesan.  Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until fish is cooked through.



No comments :

Post a Comment