Monday, June 3, 2013

Lemon Pasta

Lemons always remind me of my parents and the first year their lemon tree produced an abundance of lemons.  They were so proud, and at least once a week by skype they would show me their lemons.  Though I was impressed, I did begin to tease them about their lemons.  Actually, everyone started to tease them.  Since then I always chuckle at the site of a lemon.  This is one of our favorite lemon recipe.  It's just a great light spring time recipe.

Ingredients
1 box angel hair pasta
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
3 garlic cloves minced
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Zest of 1 lemon
Juice of 3 lemons
1 tablespoon basil leaves chopped



Directions
Cook pasta according to box instructions.  Heat a sauce pan on low, heat olive oil and butter until butter is melted.  Add garlic, lemon zest, and red pepper flakes.  Heat until garlic becomes fragrant. Depending on your stove this can take 5 to 8 minutes. Turn off heat and let sit until pasta is done.  Drain pasta.

In a large bowl add pasta,olive oil and butter sauce, lemon juice, and basil.  Toss and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.  Serve immediately.

No comments :

Post a Comment