Friday, July 18, 2014

Layered Taco Dip

 




Today was the first day of Mom's Summer Cooking Camp! I can't take credit for coming up with this idea, it was the great idea of my beautiful daughter who wants to learn how to cook.  She makes me proud!! Her brothers joined in which made it even better.  I thought about some ideas and then looking on the internet, came up with some easy recipes that they could do themselves.  I also had to make sure they would eat their finished product.  You will notice in the picture that not all dips are the same since I have some picky eaters in the group.  First, I laid down the rules, 1. Wash your hands, 2. You must listen to my directions, 3. Pay attention, and 4. Be creative.

I did do all the cutting but they did everything else. We used single serve dessert bowls for our dip but this can be made in an 8x8 casserole dish or plastic cups.  Just make sure it's clear so everyone can see the pretty layers.  The completed dip with all the layers is the large bowl on the right.  




Ingredients
Re-fried black beans
Guacamole (I made mine homemade buts store bought is fine)
Sour cream
Salsa
Shredded cheese
Chopped tomato
Chopped onion
Frozen corn, thawed


Directions
Layer the first 4 ingredients, topping it with the cheese, tomatoes, onions and corn.  That's it! Serve with tortilla chips.




No comments :

Post a Comment