Monday, September 9, 2013

Squash Crunch

An easy side dish with a lot of taste! This is a great CSA (community supported agriculture) recipe.  This was our first year involved in the CSA.  I liked knowing where my vegetables were coming from but I was warned that there would not be a lot of variety each week and more than likely an over abundance of one vegetable at a time.  I was able to feel my freezer with things that I can use in the winter.  I also had to come up with some new ways to eat veggies.  This was one of those.


Ingredients
1 yellow squash sliced
1 large tomato sliced
1 green pepper sliced
1/4 cup Feta cheese
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
1 tablespoon olive oil


Directions
Pre-heat oven to 350'.
In a small baking dish layer squash, tomato and pepper slices. Crumble feta on top of veggies.  In a separate small bowl mix bread crumbs and olive oil together.  Mix well and sprinkle on top of veggies and cheese.  Bake 10-15 minutes or until bread crumbs are browned.


No comments :

Post a Comment