Thursday, March 27, 2014

Crockpot Chicken And Wild Rice Casserole



A tasty crockpot meal that I can throw together with just a few items in my pantry and off I go.  This is a combination of wild rice soup and chicken and rice casserole.  I used frozen chicken for this recipe but you can always use left over chicken.  Also, make sure you use long cooking rice or you will have a mushy mess!



Ingredients

1 medium onion chopped
1 teaspoon celery seed
2 10 ounce cans low sodium cream of chicken soup
1 10 ounce can low sodium cream of mushroom soup
2 cups milk
1 cup light sour cream
1 cup low sodium chicken broth
2 cups wild rice (not the fast cooking)
1 lb chicken breast (I use frozen)
1 cup Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste


Directions

Throw everything into the crockpot and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or high for about 4 hours. 
Easy Easy!!

No comments :

Post a Comment